Thursday, May 13, 2010

I simply remember my favorite things…Friday favs…I’m lovin’ “Grower’s Outlet”!

There’s a great little store near the school I used to work at. It’s called “Grower’s Outlet”.
My Little Buddy had his sixth birthday this week, so after Papa and I took him to lunch at Mickey D’s…
SDC14695
I talked him into stopping at “Grower’s Outlet” with me.
SDC14700
Look Buddy!  Flowers, and veggie starts, and herbs!
Too bad Nana doesn’t have a green thumb…not at all…nada.
SDC14696
SDC14698
SDC14697
SDC14699
Now let’s actually go INSIDE the store.
SDC14701
SDC14702
SDC14703
Little Buddy and I spent ten minutes looking for his favorite thing to get at this store, toasted, salted, pumpkin seeds.  We never did find them, and then as I upload this photo…Look Buddy, right there by your left hand!  So close, and yet so far.  Sorry Buddy.  Evidently Nana not only lacks a green thumb, but also good eyes.
SDC14704
SDC14705
SDC14708
SDC14709
SDC14713
SDC14712
SDC14711
Against my better judgment, I buy some herbs to plant, (basil, Italian parsley, rosemary), and decide to try again.
The pitiful, limp mint is the last survivor from last year’s attempt.  I think I may have done it in repotting it.
SDC14723
SDC14724
Good thing I’m an optimist!
Happy Friday Everyone!
Elizabeth
linking to




5 comments:

  1. Oh I would SOOOO love a place like that!!
    Thanks for sharing and linking up to I'm Lovin' It! Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not going to be soooo jealous of the wonderful places you have to shop!!! This place looks fabulous. I have a small herb garden in my back yard. It does pretty well, I love it.

    Have a blessed weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel healthier just looking at those photos! Now if my kids (and *ahem* husband) would actually EAT veggies... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and yummy! I have a black thumb, but my hubby has a green one. Yay! He rescues my gardening disasters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elizabeth! I never take the time to tell you how much I appreciate your photograhs, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

The best thing about blogging is hearing from you!
I'd love for you to leave a comment! Click subscribe by email if you want me to be able to reply to you.